Ahok Defies Back-Stabbers And Sectarian Fanatics!
Since the bloody riot two Fridays ago, when gangs of Islamist hoodlums attacked police and shamed Indonesia before the assembled cameras of the world’s media, a lot of that overseas media have lost interest in what’s happening in Jakarta.
- So for the sake of fair play, I must mention today a young Muslim leader named Zuhairi Misrawi.
- Despite the Jakarta Post branding him an ‘intellectual,’ he sounds a sensible fellow. He belongs to the NU, the Nahdlatul Ulama, a very large organisation, which sometimes comes out with rational thoughts, and this is one of those times.
- Zuhairi is urging the extremist so-called ‘scholars’ of the MUI, who are still state-funded, so far as I know…
….to back-track on their peculiar accusations of ‘blasphemy’ against Ahok, the Christian Governor of Jakarta.
As has been obvious to everyone from the start of the controversy, Zuhairi points out that it’s based on a misquote of a speech the governor made that was uploaded to the internet.
We reported on Ahok’s reference to a Koranic verse before, and you can check that out…
…but it’s undoubtedly true that, if the issue had remained a case of notorious jihadist gang-groups caterwauling as usual, few normal Indonesians would have given a tinker’s cuss.
But Zuhairi’s right.
“The MUI is the source of all of these problems.”
The self-styled ‘scholars’ will be miffed, I guess, but again overseas readers need to see some examples of what sort of thinking permeates their opulent HQ downtown.
It was MUI’s Deputy Chair, Ma’aruf, who kindly advised everyone that FGM is a ‘human right!’
And here’s another of their ‘scholars’ talking.
Syamsul Maarif, General Secretary of the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) Jakarta
“If the act of adultery is by a married person, then stoning is the sentence, while if unmarried, then it’s whipping,” he said.
- Would you take anything they say seriously?
- So why do the Jakarta Police?
- However, encouragingly, the Jakarta police have also started to take a careful look at a certain Buni Yani.
He’s the character who uploaded the video which the nastiest elements in the archipelago then spread around to foment hatred against the Governor.
Foment other people’s hatred, that is, because the nastiest elements have always hated him Jakarta Jew-Haters Boo Chinese Christian Candidate , simply because of his race and religion and his habit of calling a spade a spade.
It seems this geezer has admitted making errors when transcribing the governor’s words before posting the footage.
Bizarrely, Buni was quoted in Republika, a newspaper that might charitably be described as ‘Islamic,’ on Friday, as demanding that Ahok supporters stop their provocations.‘
Buni Yani Minta Pendukung Ahok Hentikan Provokasi
Meanwhile, Ahok is showing he’s made of the right stuff, refusing to stand down as a gubernatorial candidate despite chicken-sh-ts behind the scenes seeking to dissuade him.
- Without naming the parties, Ahok said he had been asked to drop out on security concerns in the capital. He claimed the parties said demonstrations against him would continue if he stayed in the race.
I wish he’d ID the culprits, but good to see the good guv ain’t taking any cr-p from creeps that crawl to the sectarians behind the ‘blasphemy’ ballyhoo.
“I’d rather be arrested and jailed than drop out of the race,” Ahok said in the Pantai Mutiara area, North Jakarta, on Thursday
Good for Ahok! I hope that the many millions of decent Muslims who live in Jakarta will endorse his courageous stand.
If people must make an issue of religion in the election next year, which of course it shouldn’t be, my own view is that they should focus on ex-president SBY’s son, Agus Yudhoyono, who is also running for Jakarta Governor.
- Agus should be put on the spot about whether or not he goes along with his old man’s outrageous call for shariah censorship to be extended across the globe..
- SBY to ask the world to ban blasphemy | The Jakarta Post
- And he should be asked about the shameful Tri-Ministerial Decree, the discriminatory diktat promulgated under SBY’s rule, which has made life pure hell for the peaceful and inoffensive Ahmadi minority here. http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/11/04/indonesia-uphold-religious-freedom
- Will Agus give a guarantee to protect freedom of religion in Indonesia’s capital?