Against ‘Violence And Killing?’ Getting Real in Jakarta!
And I’m off out today, just hanging out the washing first, in hopes the Jakarta sunshine isn’t replaced by rain!
- Sadly, she’s not here to assist- if she were, I’d not likely be going out!
- But before I set out for a journey through the city, let’s hear what the organisers of TODAY’S demo have to say.
- Former HMI member Muhammad Syukur Mandar said on Thursday the planned rally was aimed at showing the solidarity of Indonesian Muslims with the Rohingya people in Myanmar. http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2016/11/24/nov-25-rally-about-solidarity-for-rohingya-hmi.html
Well, that HMI – the Indonesian Muslim Students’ Association – can demo all they like, though one has to hope they don’t cause more traffic chaos.
But since they say they are trying to make a point about violence and killing…
- …to protest against the violence and killing of Rohingya Muslims….
Why are they including the IslamoNazi FPI in their action?
He further added that around 2,000-3,000 people from various organizations, including the Islam Defenders Front (FPI), were likely to participate in the rally…
That FPI’s attitude to violence and killing has been made very clear…
- …by their own banner in a previous ‘protest!’