Brussels-Ankara ‘Bargain’ Backfires! 1-for-1? Yeah, Right!
Just back from downtown Jakarta, where I had an enjoyable conversation with some much younger Indonesian guys n gals, about our widely differing ways of celebrating the New Year.
- A nice day out, better still in view of a brief but rewarding bout of shopping, two big loaves for the price of one, plus a bunch of those tasty Malang apples – 70% discount!
But not so in Europe!
- Reading in Republika, perhaps Indonesia’s most Islamic newspaper, that Turkey’s Erdogan has been named ‘Man of the Year’ by Al Jazeerah readers – http://internasional.republika.co.id/berita/internasional/global/17/01/08/ojg0cq377-survei-aljazirah-presiden-erdogan-person-of-the-year-2016 – reminds me of a deal that, far from being a bargain, is almost daily being revealed as what my Antipodean kin might call a ‘bum steer!’
Here’s an example for those new to the expression. – ‘I got a bum steer from the salesman, and I paid far more than I needed to for a used car,’
We all knew it was a con-trick, a means of fending off the righteous wrath of citizens in civilised countries into which Mama Stasi’s marauding ‘migrants’ had swarmed.
- Billions lavished on Erdogan the Islamist, on the promise that for each one of the invading horde sent back, another would be let in.
- And that cr-p was meant to be a good deal?
- Yet as it now turns out…
EU Returned 801 Syrian Migrants to Turkey in 2016, Accepted 2,672 for Settlement
- Yeah, you’re reading it right.
- No diminution of the burden, not even the one-for-one balance as promised in the Commissars’ crooked covenant, which was touted as a welcome respite for beleaguered Christendom, but…
For every alien snout prised out of European troughs, another three or more come guzzling in.
And still Erdolf The Arrogant rants on, over and over again, how he will unleash myriads more malignants if the Euro-Commissars don’t continue to kow-tow –
…access for Turkish nationals to its Schengen passport-free zone by June, an acceleration of $3.3 billion in aid to Turkey to deal with its migrant load, and “re-energized” talks on Turkey’s possible accession to the EU. https://sputniknews.com/europe/201701081049380304-EU-deports-801-to-Turkey/
What definition of insanity does NOT apply here?
To citizens of a land where most of the people are so benighted that they’ll vote power to a fanatic whose war-cries we’ve shown you before and do so again today?
“The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers.”
We know there are some Turks who settled in Europe in the past who chose to behave as decent immigrants should, assimilating into German or Austrian or other local cultures.
But FAR too many have been in Europe for decades and display disgraceful disloyalty, refusing to cast off their alien ways and allegiance.
Turks – in VIENNA!
Again, we’ve posted on this previously, on the Enemy Within Germany –
….and within Austria...
Even as illegals still keep oozing across the Aegean into tormented Greece, the autocrat in Ankara has maintained his bellicose bleating. Erdogan said “border gates will be opened” if the EU stops accession talks – https://euobserver.com/enlargement/136045
Who in their right mind would ponder seriously the idea of Turkey’s accession to the EU, with its absurd doctrine of free movement of people?
- The ancestors of every nation in the Balkans learned to their cost what free movement of Turks into Europe meant. The consequent horrors were what led Gladstone to denounce their presence.
Let the Turks now carry away their abuses, in the only possible manner, namely, by carrying off themselves. Their Zaptiehs and their Mudirs, their Blmhashis and Yuzbashis, their Kaimakams and their Pashas, one and all, bag and baggage, shall, I hope, clear out from the province that they have desolated and profaned.-
This thorough riddance, this most blessed deliverance, is the only reparation we can make to those heaps and heaps of dead, the violated purity alike of matron and of maiden and of child; to the civilization which has been affronted and shamed
Old-fashioned language, yes, but surely just as apposite toward the wannabe 21st Century Caliphate –
– as it was to the Ottoman Caliphate in 1878.
So let’s have no more of Mama’s pathetic appeasement appeals!
Instead, try realism for a change…
- And Turks should never again be afforded entry into Europe!