Bravo, AfD! Lugenpresse = Tantrumpresse
Having used a headline from the Indonesian media in a recent previous post…Cruel Jakarta Post, Thus To Raise Then Dash Our Hopes! …it seems only fair to use one from the European media for this post.
Germany’s AfD to journalists: Up yours!
Admirable, AfD, echoing the righteous caning recently administered by President Trump to CNN….
…and absolutely fair, when you read the German patriot party’s explanation of their decision to exclude the Lugenpresse ( the Lying Press ) from a get-together the AfD’s holding with other European parties committed to the common-sense cause.
“Pressefreiheit beinhaltet auch die Freiheit Fakenews nicht zu bedienen.”
‘Freedom of the press also includes the freedom not to serve Fake-News.’
If the left-liberal lap-dog media choose to distort reality, censor key news, they deserve to be despised for the lousy curs they are.
But boy, have they gone into tantrum hyper-drive!
The editors-in-chief of Germany’s public broadcasters protested the decision, describing it in a statement as ‘massive interference with freedom of reporting.’ http://www.politico.eu/article/germanys-afd-bans-journalists-conference-koblenz-january-frauke-petry-marcus-pretzell/
Reminds me of that CNN yapper who got all fretty when The Donald wouldn’t take his question last week.
These propagandists reckon they have the right to barge in anywhere!
In fact plenty of media WERE invited, even leftist France24, which is showing Marine Le Pen’s fine speech…
Marine Le Pen
- …even as I prepare to press the ‘publish’ button on my key-board this lovely sunny morning.
- And there was a press conference scheduled for the end of the event.
- But even before the event, these over-paid hacks again resorted to lies.
- They also rejected the accusation that their reporting had been unfair.
- Mein Gott!
- The media creeps have some nerve.
- It’s bias all the way on Deutsche Welle, to name but one!
And what disciplinary action have the editors-in-chief of Germany’s public broadcasters taken against that leftist ratbag who brazenly covered-up the complexion of a suspect in the rape of a German woman?
- The editor-in-chief defended her decision to suppress the rape story on public TV broadcaster ZDF: “We don’t want to inflame the situation and spread the bad mood.” http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6501/migration-crisis-germany
- She should be sacked or at least given a tea-trolley and told to spend her days toddling round ZDF’s fancy offices dispensing refreshments to the staff. It’s all she’s fit for.
- And what other word except UNFAIR can be applied to that German Press Council…
…when it seeks to muzzle honest journos who dare reveal to readers that suspects in criminal activity are part of the horde imported by Mama Stasi Merkel?
And recall last year how the regional public broadcaster in Baden-Wurttemberg crawled to leftist parties by denying the AfD their right to take part in televised debates?.
As for that garbage about ‘massive interference with freedom of reporting,’ these tax-funded broadcasters had all the freedom they could wish for to report the mass-molestations at Cologne’s Central Station, just a year ago.
It was days before police gave full descriptions of the offenders in Cologne, despite a call for eyewitnesses. The national media also ignored the story until a wave of anger on social media made covering it unavoidable. http://www.thelocal.de/20160105/brushing-sexual-assault-under-the-carpet-is-foolish
But they failed in their duty, disregarded their responsibility, covered up that atrocity, until social media patriots shamed them into grudging attention!
President Trump offers one solution – as his Press Secretary splendidly told the rat-pack only yesterday.
…an unprecedented warning that they would hold the press accountable and go around them when necessary.
“The American people deserve better, and as long as he serves as the messenger for this incredible movement,” Spicer said of the president, “he will take his message directly to the American people, where his focus will always be.”
As for publicly-owned media the best thing to do is cut off the cash-flow.
And the same goes for the BBC in the UK, of course.
- If they wish to use the people’s broadcasting services to foist their own prejudices on the people, let them find funding from somewhere else, other than the public purse.