American Petition For Religious Liberty
Another petition, this time for those of you in the USA, asking President Trump to defend freedom of religion, which has been under attack by the gaystapo for several years.
AFA lists some examples of gross iniquity.
- Aaron and Melissa Klein were fined $135,000 by the state of Oregon for not participating in a homosexual wedding.
- Barronelle Stutzman is a florist, grandmother, and Christian. She was sued by the ACLU and the Washington state attorney general for not participating in a homosexual wedding.
- Blaine Adamson was attacked by the local government in Kentucky for not printing t-shirts for a gay pride group. The local government found Adamson guilty of discrimination. (This was later reversed.)
- Robert and Cynthia Gifford had to pay the state of New York $10,000 for not renting out their farm for a lesbian wedding ceremony.
- Atlanta Fire Chief Kelvin Cochran was fired for holding the view that marriage is between one man and one woman.
- Although these are state-level issues, they are indicative of the type of unconstitutional actions the radical left vigorously seeks to apply at the federal level.
- For this reason, we are seeking relief by changes in policy and laws to protect and preserve the religious liberty of not just religious institutions but also of individual Christians and Christian business owners.