Another Triumph For Islamist Bigotry In Indonesia!
Sad to see another triumph of intolerance in Indonesia, with Islamists gloating over the suppression of religious liberty in Depok.
As we predicted yesterday – West Java – Depok’s Damnable Dreary Bigotry, Again! – a mob of bigots descended on the Ahmadiyah mosque,as the peaceful minority was about to carry out their Friday prayers at the mosque, on Friday (24/2) afternoon.
Bit of a waste of time, because the equally bigoted City Government of Depok had already sealed the innocent dissenters’ house of worship.
“There have been no reports of resistance at Ahmadiyah mosques when we sealed the place again,” he told local media on site. ‘However,’ he added, “if the seal was to be removed, there would be strict sanctions.”-Local cop, quoted in http://timesofahmad.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/indonesia-ahmadiyya-mosque-in-sawangan.html
Depok’s record of intolerance is quite spectacular – if you want a laugh, read this one from a few years back.–Islamist Bigot Biter Bit in West Java
Among the sectarian mob this weekend was Abdullah Shafi, local Muhammadiyah notable.
- That pretty well finishes off any pretensions by Muhammadiyah to be a voice for ‘moderate’ Muslims.
- Shafi evidently felt no shame at all in keeping company with the notorious IslamoNazi FPI…
IslamoNazi white-shirts at Depok
….and the notorious FBR.
There’s a few past posts about the FBR, which you can find via our ‘search’ box, just across to your right, but to facilitate your inspection of their bona fides…
…try that one!
Seems there were leaflets circulating among the rabble that essentially rejected the existence of Ahmadiyah and described it as a cult.
Just to emphasise how infantile and vindictive they could be, the mob also asked Depok City Government to cut off electricity to the Ahmadiyya and urgently remove the contents from the Secretariat of the Ahmadiyah.
- Since nobody in the Presidential Palace seems to have recalled President Jokowi’s previous call for minorities, in Depok or anywhere in Indonesia to be left unharassed – . Jokowi Urges Cops To Protect Minorities – in Depok? – I’ll quote at length what the Ahmadis have said in response.
- “Masjid Al-Hidayah has been established since 1999, is open to the public and already has a building permit (IMB) as a place of worship and our home since 2007.”
- Mubarak claimed that Ahmadiyah has been actively involved in social activities…staying in touch with leaders and scholars in Sawangan and has never violated any law.
- “Forced Closure of mosques by the municipal government that bases itself on SKB 3 minister and derivatives to Perwali Depok on Ahmadiyah is not based on the correct rules..”
- For new readers, that SKB# is the infamous and grotesquely discriminatory Tri-Ministerial Decree – . http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/11/04/indonesia-uphold-religious-freedom
- – an intolerant sectarian diktat issued under former President SBY…
- …yes, he’s the man who wants a worldwide ‘blasphemy law!’
- SBY to ask the world to ban blasphemy | The Jakarta Post
- “We deplore the attitude of Depok City Government, as discriminatory and does not carry out its duty to protect its citizens to practice their religion…the right to association and assembly are guaranteed by the state through the constitution…”
- Ahamdiyah also asked for assertiveness from the President, through the Minister of Internal Affairs, to ensure the Depok City Government does not preclude the right to worship and assemble…
- Ahmadis also ask police officers to ensure security and the activities of worship that group.